Friday 24 January 2020

4 years later ...

So apparently the last time I posted anything on here was 2016?
It's now 2020. That's mental. Guess I've been busy.

Plan for this post was to give an update. So here goes ...

What was I doing in November 2016?
I was working at Eastbourne College and Esher Rugby club. Both as Head of S&C.

What am I doing now?
I work for the University of Brighton, and do a very minimal amount of personal stuff on the side with Nitman Performance.

Lots has changed. Like ... A LOT.

Personally; I'm now married. We own a flat in Brighton and have two cats (yep).
Competitively; not much Olympic Weightlifting anymore, my training is now geared towards Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I train 2-3x a week at that, then gym based training 2-3x a week on top.
Professionally; as previously mentioned I'm now at the University of Brighton. My role is Performance Sport & Fitness Officer, which basically means I oversee the Performance Sport program largely consisting of all S&C delivery and development.

I'm hoping to start using this page for blogging again, hopefully more legit articles about training areas that interest me.
I don't plan on having a schedule, but when something comes to my head I'm going to write about it and see what happens. If I'm the only one who reads it - that's fine by me, but ideally if you're reading this please share it around. I love writing, and I miss it. So I'd like to do more of it especially longer term.

Since I last blogged on here I've had a few articles published in Catalyst Athletics' The Performance Menu, which for me was a big deal. I was super excited about it, and still am to be honest. So let's see where this lot takes me.

Til next time

No comments:

Post a Comment